After receiving a Florida Traffic ticket, you need to contact the Clerk of the Court in the county where you received the ticket to find out the reduced amount you need to pay when attending Traffic School or this amount might be with the information the officer gave you when you were stopped. Once you have identified the amount of the payment, send it in along with the ticket and a school election form (Affidavit) to the appropriate address.
- You are eligible to attend traffic school once every 12 months as an election.
- You may be able to attend more frequently than once every 12 months, but it must be Judge ordered.
- You may be able to attend the 8 hour program if you have already completed the 4 hour program within the past 12 months. Unlike the 4 hour program which has statewide approval, eligibility for the 8 hour program varies depending on the county where the ticket was issued. Please contact the clerk of court in the county in which you received the ticket to see if you are able to complete the 8 hour program.
- You may only attend traffic school 10 times in your lifetime.
- You may attend our on-line traffic school or take the video at home course instead of an actual in-class traffic school. It counts just the same!